Thursday, March 10, 2011
Plantain fry is such a easy South Indian receipe which goes well with almost all variety rice, Rasam,Sambar, Curd rice etc.
Plantain - 1 big or 2 medium
Onion - 1 small
Ginger- small piece
Garlic cloves- 4
Sombu(Aniseed)- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 and half tsp(depending on yoru spiceness)
Salt- As per taste
Split Urad dhal- few
Dried red chilly- 1
Curry leaves- 1 string
Hing- a pinch
1. Scrap the thick skin of Plantain,chop it into coin shape.
(Just put chopped plantain in water with little salt or rice washed water to prevent discoloration).
2. Grind Ginger,chopped onion, garlic cloves, sombu coarsely.
3. Heat little oil,season the things given in seasoning list.
4. Add the grinded paste, fry well&add chopped Plantain in the pan.
5. Now add tumeric,chillipowder,salt.
6. After mixing well add little water and cover the lid, keep the stove in medium flame.
7. Let it cook for 10mts in medium,after that reduce to slim dry roast it.
8. Now receipe is all set and ready to serve.